At Giant Carpet Flooring Centre in Barrie, Ontario, we are finding that one of the most popular flooring materials these days is vinyl plank flooring. If you envision old rolled linoleum when you think of vinyl, you are in for a pleasant surprise. Vinyl planks are far superior and have several amazing benefits that make them worth considering when you need new flooring. Reach out to schedule a free in-home consultation to learn more about vinyl plank flooring and our more than three decades of flooring experience. Here are the benefits you can enjoy if you choose vinyl plank for your home.
- Warmer underfoot- If you do not fancy cold tile floors in the winter, you will love the feel of vinyl tile or plank.
- Durable- The wear layer on vinyl plank flooring is more durable than you might think, making it a good choice for active families and even those with pets.
- Water resistance- Vinyl plank flooring can be used in wet areas, such as kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms, without worry of water damage, so you get the appearance of hardwood without the risk.
- Variety- Between the various woodgrain appearances found in vinyl plank and the tile, stone, and marble look of vinyl tile, you will have a wide range of choices to match your preference and home décor.
- Easy to maintain- It is really easy to keep vinyl plank flooring looking its best. Just sweep or vacuum and mop with your favorite floor cleaning product. There is no need to seal, wax, or refinish.
- Affordable- You will find that vinyl plank flooring is a great hardwood alternative as you get the beauty without the higher price tag.
- Add value- Since vinyl plank flooring looks very realistic, many people will assume it is hardwood. When you have beautiful flooring, it naturally makes your home more valuable.